What is a root canal treatment ?
Even if the teeth is badly broken down after rootcanal treatment it can be restored completely with a post and core ( screw) treatment which builds up the strength of the teeth. Rootcanal is generally followed by a cap or crown to protect the teeth.
Why and when are root canal treatments required?
Decay of the teeth (cavities) if left untreated, generally progress and gradually destroy a significant portion of the tooth before reaching the ‘pulp’ of the tooth. The pulp of the tooth is a thin soft tissue present in the tooth canals consisting of mainly nerves and blood vessels.
Once this infection reaches the pulp it gives rise to a common ‘dental pain’. At this stage the tooth can only be saved by performing a root canal treatment.
Why Root Canal treatments at Dr Preeti”s TOTAL SMILECARE?
- Absolutely painless and extremely comfortable
- Generally completed in a single sitting of 30 minutes. If required, upto 6 root canals can be performed in a single sitting
- Performed by experienced endodontists who exclusively practice root canals
- Rotary/machine rootcanal • Post and core treatment for badly broken down teeth
- Imported filling and materials and state of art equipment
Root Canal Procedure: